Give Yourself a Raise with a Subscription Box Side Hustle | Episode 79Jul 20, 2022
What would an extra $1000 every month mean to you and your family?
Inflation. Waiting for a raise that might not happen. So many people are looking for ways to earn extra income right now. Today I’m talking about how a subscription box side hustle could bring an extra $1000 a month to your family - with only 50 subscribers.
A subscription box business can be a full-time business. But it doesn’t have to be. Many members of Launch Your Box have full-time, 9-5 style jobs and successful subscription box side hustles. They are nurse practitioners, teachers, certified registered nurse anesthetists, hair stylists, realtors, dentists, and more. They’re also subscription box owners who bring in additional income with their side hustles.
You can, too! Let’s do the math. If you have 50 subscribers and make $20 of profit per box, that’s an extra $1000 going into your bank account every month.
Of course, it’s going to take time and effort to get there. But following these six steps will have you well on your way to a successful subscription box side hustle.
- Identify what you like or have an interest in.
- Make sure it’s something you’re good at or have expertise in.
- You have to be passionate about the subject matter or it won’t last!
- Don’t try to be like anyone else - YOU will set your subscription box apart.
- Ask yourself if there are other people around you with the same interest.
- That’s the audience you need to build!
- Where can you find more of those people?
- Where do they hang out online?
- Start a social media account(s) on the platforms where your people hang out.
- Start sharing videos, posts, etc.
- Ask your friends to like your page and share it with their friends.
- Make sure you’re speaking the language of the person you are trying to attract. Messaging matters!
- Run a giveaway.
- Use Kingsumo (it’s FREE!)
- The prize needs to be a box just like what you want to sell.
- Capture emails for those who enter your giveaway and start building your email list.
- Introduce the idea for the box to your audience.
- Get their feedback and have them help you make decisions.
- You want their buy-in to validate your concept.
- Niche down if needed.
- Set a launch date and a goal.
- Create excitement and generate buzz.
- Get your new audience excited about the upcoming box!
Engaging your audience is key at every stage of your subscription box journey, whether it’s your full-time gig or a side hustle. Continue to ask for feedback as you grow. Maintain an ongoing focus on audience building and keep serving your audience!
Join me for this episode as I talk about why a subscription box side hustle might be right for you and the six steps you need to take in order to make yours a success. The kind of success that means significant additional income - every month!
- 6 in 60 Workshop - Sarah’s Method for Curating 6 Subscription Boxes in 60 Minutes
Join me in all the places:
JOIN SARAH'S NEWSLETTER
Learn more about how to start and grow your own subscription box business! Subscribe to get our latest content by email.