Getting a Book Deal & Writing My Book | EP 126Jul 12, 2023
Today’s episode is a little different. Instead of interviewing a subscription box owner from Launch Your Box or sharing tactics and strategies to help you make progress in your own subscription box business, I’m sharing a different kind of journey. The journey of becoming an author.
I never dreamed of writing a book. It wasn’t something that was on my bucket list. It really wasn’t something I’d ever given any thought to. So imagine my surprise when I found myself in the middle of a conversation with high-level people in the online entrepreneur space and best-selling authors telling me I should write a book. And then being offered a book deal by the CEO of a major publishing company.
I often tell my coaching students how important it is to put yourself in the room. To quiet self-doubt and believe they are worthy of opportunities. I still have to tell myself this. I did before walking into that room full of people more successful than I am. And I sure did have to tell myself this - over and over again - during the process of writing this book.
Writing a book isn’t easy. It’s actually really, really hard. Starting with putting together a solid book proposal all the way through working with the publisher’s art department to design a book cover I loved. All of it was hard.
This book isn’t about me. Not really. Instead, it’s a book about my business and my students. Because a book about starting a subscription box business wouldn’t be complete without the stories of my amazing students.
Each chapter focuses on a certain aspect of starting, launching, or growing a subscription box business. And each chapter has three parts:
- My story
- An action you need to take
- One of my student’s stories
I didn’t write this book alone. I had a team supporting me and guiding me through this totally new world. Writers, editors, artists. We all worked together to produce a book I am SO proud of.
One Box at a Time is about building a business you can be proud of. And it’s scheduled to be published on November 14th. I can’t wait to share it with you soon.
Join me for this episode as I walk you through all that went into writing my first book and why I’m so excited to share it with all of you.
Learn from me:
- Subscription Box Blueprint eBook: This $10 ebook covers logistics from product selection to packaging to shipping. Plus a 90-day launch plan and bonus ‘Instant Scripts’ for your social media.
- Launch Your Box: My complete training program that walks you step by step through how to start, launch, and grow your subscription box business.
- Launch Your Box Podcast: I share tons of practical tips and strategies to help you start, launch, and grow your subscription box business. You’ll also hear from industry experts and current Launch Your Box members who are crushing it - get ready to get inspired!
Find me on social:
Are you ready for Launch Your Box? Our complete training program walks you step by step through how to start, launch, and grow your subscription box business. Join today!
Hear from Sarah each week!
Do you want weekly tips for starting, launching, and growing a subscription box? Subscribe to get our latest content by email.