Going Live on Social Media - Build an Audience for Your Subscription Box | Episode 9Mar 19, 2021
Does the idea of pressing the button to go Live on social media make you sick to your stomach? Does the thought of being an influencer for your own business sound confusing and strange? This week’s podcast is all about how to overcome those feelings and use Live sessions to grow your subscription base.
People Need to Know You to Trust You
Social media allows us to reach people in a way never thought of before, and especially in the last year, it’s become more and more important to people to be a part of something that they can be personal with.
When you’re building your audience and signing up those subscribers to your box, you might find your numbers coming in waves until eventually, it plateaus. That’s what I found when I tried to grow my subscriber base; people were following me but not signing up for the subscription commitment.
Going Live was the answer to getting more engagement with my page and my products. For most of you, the idea of hosting a Live session on Facebook or Instagram may seem like something you’d much rather avoid because it’s embarrassing or because you don’t think you’re interesting enough.
But the truth is in the numbers: without going Live and thereby creating a personal relationship with your audience, you’ll find growing your subscription base to be nearly impossible.
The Creating Connections Challenge
To help boost those engagement numbers, I want to pose a challenge to you: go to your Facebook Insights page and note your Post Reach and Engagements for the last 28 days. We’re going to use those numbers as a starting point. Next, schedule one Live session each week for the next 4 weeks. If you’re already doing Live sessions, I want you to do two.
Here are 5 strategies to help you get the most out of those Live sessions:
- Do something for yourself to help boost your confidence. Get new clothes, style your hair, anything that will help you get in front of the camera.
- Have some friends join you live session to help ask some important questions to get the conversation going, and to give you support while you’re Live.
- Write out some talking points that you want to get across to your audience. Having an outline on what you want to talk about can keep you on task and keep you from floundering.
- Engage with your audience. Whether it’s one person or a hundred, they’re there to be more personal with you because they like what you’re about.
- Set a time and a date for your live sessions and send it out so you’ll stick with it. Make it at a time and place when you are the most comfortable.
Before too long, going Live will be just another part of your business and who knows, it could end up being one of your favorite things to do with your audience. Have fun and keep with it!
And as always, remember to subscribe to the podcast on your favorite podcast provider, as well as leave a 5-star rating and a review!
Learn from me:
- Subscription Box Blueprint eBook: This $10 ebook covers logistics from product selection to packaging to shipping. Plus a 90-day launch plan and bonus ‘Instant Scripts’ for your social media.
- Launch Your Box: My complete training program that walks you step by step through how to start, launch, and grow your subscription box business.
Find me on social:
JOIN SARAH'S NEWSLETTER
Learn more about how to start and grow your own subscription box business! Subscribe to get our latest content by email.