Managing Content Creation and Showing Up On Video | EP 89Sep 28, 2022
I’m so excited to have Dana Bowling of Show Up on Video join me today to talk about practical strategies to create content in a way that is doable and effective as well as ways to conquer feelings around showing up on video.
Dana brings her background as a casting director and acting coach to her current business where she helps ambitious entrepreneurs learn how to own being the face of their businesses. Dana is a speaker, a coach, and a podcast host. Her podcast, Show Up on Video, helps motivate business owners to create valuable content and share it with their audiences. As she likes to say, “It’s all content.”
Content creation is all about showing up and serving your audience. Don’t be afraid of giving too much away. Serving your audience by sharing valuable content with them builds your authority and your know/like/trust factor. In other words, when they’re ready to buy, you’ve made yourself the obvious choice.
Dana took me through her content creation framework which could work for any subscription box owner. This framework starts with brainstorming content ideas and puts you where you belong - at the center.
- Identify four content pillars. For example, if I used this framework, my pillars might be:
- Subscription boxes
- Crazy, busy mom life
- Behind the scenes
- Instead of focusing on the outcome, focus on the process
- Face to camera
- Trending sound
Yes, one of those ways to talk about your content is face to camera. Dana knows just like I know that this causes anxiety in so many of you. So she has three great tips to make being on camera easier.
- Get more comfortable talking on camera when the purpose is not to create content.
- Send video messages to friends or customers.
- Create social media stories - they only last for 24 hours!
- Hop on video chats with friends.
- Good lighting, hair, makeup, clothes you feel good in, even using a subtle filter.
- Think about who you serve and how your content can help them have a better day.
Join me for this episode as Dana shares valuable strategies for creating content and feeling more comfortable showing up on video. Don’t miss this chance to learn how to serve your audience and your business with your content.
Find and follow Dana:
Join me in all the places:
Hear from Sarah each week!
Do you want weekly tips for starting, launching, and growing a subscription box? Subscribe to get our latest content by email.